Monday, March 16, 2009

Marketing Your Work Online

Every day it seems there are new online websites, blogs, and social networking sites to help you market your work. While I haven't jumped on the Facebook bandwagon yet...still not sure if I will, and I'm not video blogging (or vlogging)...no video camera, there are a few blogs I consistently follow.

EmptyEasel.com provides articles from an artist's perspective on topics such as search engine optimization tips, art tutorials, marketing tips, reviews of various products, and more. Ways for you to interact are: submit an article you have written for a chance to be published on the site, and suggest that your work be reviewed as the featured artist of the week. My work was featured as the September 5, 2007, featured artist of the week.

Gurney Journey is a must read daily weblog from James Gurney. It contains a wealth of information for all artists, and this is the one site I check every day.

Alyson B. Stanfield has a blog and produces a weekly e-newsletter with tips to help artist's market their work and stay organized, so they can spend more time in the studio. She also has a book called I'd Rather Be in the Studio!.

There are many other sites and blogs out there. Find the ones you like and leave comments to let the authors know when they have provided helpful information and if you have information that may be helpful to others. What are your favorite sites? What sites have helped you most?

If you are on twitter, follow artists_wife for insight on what it's like to be married to an artist, plus news about my work that doesn't always make it to my blog. Twitter is an easy way to share news and insight into your work without taking up a lot of your time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Paul. I'm honored. And I'm heading to check out Gurney Journey right now. I don't believe I've ever been there.